The AISTS Master of Sports Administration & Technology programme is a unique 15 months international postgraduate degree in sports management, endorsed by the International Olympic Committee, and located in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The AISTS MAS is a Master of Advanced Studies. MAS programmes target meeting the needs of working professionals and as such fall in the category of continuing education or professional development.
?b>What makes the AISTS degree unique?
- The?b>strong connection with the Olympic Movement爃aving the International Olympic Committee, which is also a founding member of the AISTS and International Sport Federations lecture in class creates a deep understanding and appreciation of the Olympic Movement and Values
- The?b>location of Lausanne, as Olympic Capital,爓ith its high concentration of International Federations, the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and international sporting events like Athletissima provides the ideal setting to study sports management
- The?b>academic weight of having three prestigious universities co-sign the degree爊amely the EPFL, University of Geneva and the University of Lausanne.
- The?b>multi-disciplinary approach爌rovides individuals a 360?view of sport management with a wide range of topics covered namely Management, Law, Sociology, Technology and Medicine
- The?b>rich network of over 100 lecturers and speakers燾onsisting of approximately 50% academics and 50% practitioners brings theory and practice together providing a complete perspective of sports management
Who is the AISTS Programme for??/span>
The AISTS programme is targeted at candidates who have a university degree and previous work experience but wish to re-orientate their career in the sports industry.?/span>
Experience in the sports industry is therefore not a prerequisite but experiences related to sport is needed, ie, athlete, volunteer, member of sport event organising committee, member of club抯 committee, journalism in sport, coaching etc.?/span>
International level athletes who participated in world championships, Olympic Games, etc. are also welcome to the programme.?A dedicated scholarship is also offered to such athletes (see AISTS Athlete Scholarship).?/span>
To ensure a personalised, interactive environment, the programme is limited to 30-40 students.
For the 2018 participant profile brochure, visit the following link: http://www.aists.org/2018
What is the outline of the AISTS programme?
Held in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital, participants are trained by experts in sport and academics, in the following multidisciplinary fields applied directly to sport: Management & Economics, Technology, Law, Sociology, and Medicine.
This sports management education programme includes 9 months in the classroom (lectures, case studies, activities and field trips), 2 months of work experience in the sports industry, with the rest of the time spent on a team project and research paper.
- End of September to June: Lectures and Course Assignments, Written Exams & Team Project (must be completed in Lausanne) - Full-time.
- February ?September: Research Paper
- July ?December: At least 8 weeks of work experience
- December: Graduation Ceremony at the Olympic Museum
The Master of Advanced Studies is not to be confused with the Bologna Master. The AISTS MAS is a continuing education degree, similar to an MBA that is typically taken in addition to a Bologna Master. In lieu of the prerequisite Bologna Master抯 degree, the programme may accept students with a 3-year undergraduate degree (Bologna Bachelor degree), if they have years of work experience.?/span>
Which academic institutions sign the AISTS degree?
The AISTS MAS is a one-year full-time postgraduate programme which is delivered in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital, Switzerland.
It is organised by AISTS on behalf of some of the best academic and technology institutes of Switzerland who co-sign the degree:
- UNIL (University of Lausanne)
- UNIGE (University of Geneva)?/span>