Georgetown University抯 Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management prepares you to excel in the global sports industry.
Through a blend of focused study and hands-on practice, our program immerses you in the multifaceted world of sports. You抣l be exposed to the latest industry tools and best practices while mastering the contemporary digital and entrepreneurial skills that give you a competitive edge.
Ideal for working professionals, our program is designed to fit your schedule. We offer flexible options to take classes online, on campus, or through a combination of both梥o you don抰 have to interrupt your career to earn your degree.
A hallmark of our program is application. You'll have opportunities to gain real-world experience and connect with members of the industry through internships, externships, travel abroad opportunities, and recruitment and networking events. In the classroom, you抣l engage with a faculty of seasoned experts and practitioners from organizations like the U.S. Olympic Committee, Washington Nationals, Octagon, Washington Capitals, and the NFL Players Association.
You抣l leave the program with not only a comprehensive understanding of the industry, but also the essential communications, business, and leadership strategies that position you for success.
The Sports Industry Management program offers three focus areas that enable you to tailor your studies and sharpen your expertise in a particular area of study:
- Sports Communications: Understand how to leverage brands, databases, the internet, market research, technology, and media relationships to develop marketing strategies, execute targeted promotional tactics, and garner long-term consumer loyalty.
- Sports Business & Sales: Develop a foundational knowledge of business management and sales while understanding how to employ analytical and planning tools and strategies that maximize profitability and productivity.
- College Sports Administration: Explore the intricacies of collegiate athletics with hands-on experiential learning focused on managing events, social media, and partnership activations.?/li>
The Sports Industry Management program is available in both an online format and an on-campus format. You can opt to take classes online, on campus, or through a combination of both.
- On-Campus Format: In the on-campus format of the master's in Sports Industry Management, classes are held at the same times every week at our downtown D.C. campus.
- Online Format: The online master抯 in Sports Industry Management has the same curriculum as the on-campus format and offers access to all of the same University resources. In this format, you抣l be able to watch lectures and complete assignments on your own schedule.
INTERNSHIPS & INDUSTRY CONNECTIONS?/span>
Internships are an integral part of the Sports Industry Management program and we strongly encourage our students to take advantage of internships and externships to build their networks and gain real-world experience.
As a student, you'll be able to develop your skills through experiential opportunities with our program抯 broad partner network, including:
- NFL Players Association
- Washington Nationals
- Washington Redskins
- Monumental Sports & Entertainment
- Washington Capitals
- Washington Wizards
- Washington Mystics
- DC United
- Georgetown Athletics
- Fox Sports
- Special Olympics
- U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Comcast SportsNet
- PeacePlayers International
- Lagardere Unlimited
- Capital One Arena (formerly Verizon Center)
The program boasts an all-star faculty of more than 80 industry executives and practitioners,?/span>who bring their notable experience and expertise directly into the classroom. Faculty members represent leading organizations such as the U.S. Olympic Committee, Octagon,營MG, NCAA, Under Armour, and the Washington Wizards.
To learn more about our program, please visit our website at?/font>scs.georgetown.edu/sports.